Jim Summers joined Cheiron in October 2015 and works with benefits consulting and health and welfare projects. He has over 25 years of experience in employee benefits consulting. Prior to joining Cheiron, he worked at Towers Watson where he was a Senior Consultant and Actuary in the Health and Group Benefits Practice.
Examples of representative projects include:
- Pricing and renewal analysis for self-funded and fully insured benefit plans
- Reserving, valuation, and reporting active and retiree health plan liabilities
- Attesting the actuarial equivalence of retiree pharmacy plans and analyzing the ongoing value of the Medicare Part D employer subsidy in comparison to viable options
- Utilization review and overall benefits strategy analysis based on employer/plan specific cost drivers, trends, and organizational goals
- Cost/Savings analysis of vendor procurements and plan changes
- Peer review
Jim is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. He earned an M.S. in actuarial science from the University of Iowa.