Michele Domash joined Cheiron as Principal Consulting Actuary in April 2011. Michele has over 30 years of actuarial experience, primarily in the health and welfare benefits arena. Prior to joining Cheiron, Michele served as Senior Vice President and Health Actuary for Aon Hewitt where she worked with employers ranging in size from 1,000 to 100,000 participants, with active workers and retiree groups.
Her experience includes:
- Evaluating claims and utilization experience by multiple predictive factors to identify unique characteristics of each population and identify associated problems and opportunities
- Forecasting program payments under current and other plan designs with sensitivity associated with economic and health economic factors
- Monitoring and tracking emerging and expected program experience and isolating key factors driving costs and savings
- Addressing legal and compliance considerations, most recently health reform's impact
- Forming strategies and options in ongoing program management
- Supporting union negotiations and providing a full range of pricing and strategic options
- Assisting with participant communications, implementation and administration to ensure reliable and smooth program operations
- Providing merger and acquisition analysis and recommendations
- Determining IBNR reserves
- Evaluating and managing retiree medical and retiree life liabilities under ASC 715 and GASB requirements, including full actuarial valuation and disclosure results
- Evaluating and certifying funding requirements and funding policies, including VEBA funding
- Developing innovative health care approaches for medical, Rx, disability, including pricing expertise, effectiveness of disease and demand management techniques, assessment of preventive care, consumer-driven health models, utilization by therapeutic class and disease category and others
- Studying disability experience, program benefits and operations
- Evaluating prices and services of vendors, pharmacy benefit managers and insurance carriers
Michele is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries and a Member of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries.
She graduated summa cum laude from Maryville College, St. Louis, MO, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Management.