Coralie Taylor joined Cheiron in March 2015. Prior to joining Cheiron, she was a Consulting Actuary at Rudd and Wisdom, Inc., in Austin, Texas.
Coralie's experience is primarily in the employee benefits arena, which includes:
- Experience with pension plan funding and accounting under a variety of cost methods and plan designs
- Assisting with the creation of a more user-friendly benefit estimator for participants.
- Preparing and reviewing special projects including liability and asset projections, plan termination estimates, plan redesign studies, sensitivity analyses, client presentations regarding present and future outlook and impact of changes in legislation
- Keeping up-to-date with legislation changes (PPA/MAP-21/HATFA, FASB ASC 715 and 960, GASB 67 and 68, SSAP 92 and 102)
- Setting up internal training sessions on a variety of topics to help educate employees and continue growth of company
- Preparing and reviewing annual valuation work for both public and private defined benefit plans including data preparation and reconciliations, income statement and balance sheet analysis, funding and accounting liability calculations, actuarial gain/loss analysis, analyzing/editing reports, and employee benefit statement preparation
- Preparing and reviewing annual allocation work for defined contribution plans including data preparation, asset preparation, and allocation of investment earnings
- Preparing and reviewing required government forms and plan documents including PBGC filings, complete Form 5500, Annual Funding Notice, Summary Annual Report, Plan Documents and associated Determination Letter filing
- Preparing and certifying participant's benefit paperwork assuring client satisfaction and retention
- Preparing and reviewing nondiscrimination testing
Coralie is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, a Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, an Enrolled Actuary under ERISA, and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics and Accounting from Southwestern University.